Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is said that we are in these bodies to "Gain understanding through life experiences." What of babies that die or abortions? Where do they fit into this? This isn't meant to be a hostile question. I'm looking for answers to help me wrap my head around this.

Quote taken from the essay entitled 'Progression, Teaching and the Community' found under the heading 'Avatar'

http://ethericstudies.org/concepts/progression_teaching_community.htm
The concept is that we are in an avatar relationship with our body. That means we are subject to influences from our human's in instincts and body abilities. I do not know if we seek a body that has special needs so that we can have that kind of experience. However, if the hypothesis is correct, then the short life of a baby is just a short experience in this venue. If we are immortal, then there is presumably time to try again.

As for the baby body, following Rupert Sheldrake's theories, it appears, the conscious aspect and its etheric personality counterpart appears to be part of a human collective to which its experience goes, not as a personality seeking understanding, but as a contribution to the collective memory of the species. That theory needs work, but it does not appear to be a matter of simple cessation of existence.
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
Thank you so much for the reply. That's honestly the best answer I've gotten and find myself comforted by it.
Do we know at what point in development the body gets a soul?
When the avatar entanglement occurs should be able to be established by applying the Implicit Cosmology, but we have no real data on that. My guess is that it cannot occur before the baby leaves the mother's auric field.
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.