Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime Imperative
As a youngster, I concluded that the best proof of God is that there is order in reality. That order is known amongst Spiritualists and New Agers as Natural Law. I identified 38 Organizing Principles as I developed the Implicit Cosmology which is documented in Your immortal Self.

Try as I have, I have not been able to identify a single thing or event that is without a purpose. By extension, it seems reasonable to speculate that our existence is for some purpose, and as sentient beings, it is also logical to assume we should know what that purpose is so as to fulfill its intent. The Essay, Prime Imperative, is my most recent effort to develop a logical look at the concept.

It was written as a precursor for a talk at the Reno Spiritualist Society, so you might find it a little less abstract as some of my work. As always, I am interested in your comments and suggestions. 

http://ethericstudies.org/prime-imperative/
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
I enjoyed reading this Tom, It is as I believe that we and things are connected through some sort of field of energy or consciousness. Often times I think of something or am talking about something and the subject reoccurs later in the day or next day. Its like everything is synchronistic and playing out like a plan and I think that our consciousness plays a big part in that. Its a complex subject but when you study it it makes perfect sense. Thank you for sharing this. Kare
Glad you had time to read it. I took over a month and probably ten complete rewrites/designs before getting to what is there. Part of the problem is that I think in very abstract terms. People often complain about the complexity of my writing.

The most important take away from the essay was not spelled out very clearly. As you know, our friends on the other side can be persistent. Our collective and our core personality is very persistent when it comes to spiritual instincts. We can ignore them, but at the risk of spirit nagging. :-)
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
(04-26-2017, 11:43 AM)Tom Butler Wrote:  Glad you had time to read it. I took over a month and probably ten complete rewrites/designs before getting to what is there. Part of the problem is that I think in very abstract terms. People often complain about the complexity of my writing.

The most important take away from the essay was not spelled out very clearly. As you know, our friends on the other side can be persistent. Our collective and our core personality is very persistent when it comes to spiritual instincts. We can ignore them, but at the risk of spirit nagging. :-)

I just finished reading it. As I mentioned in a comment on the post, it did take me a few re-reads to get to the bottom of some parts, but once there, I could see how I totally agreed with it.
Well done!
Thanks!

As it turns out, I am trying to explain why people act as they do for the next Occasional Update and the key element is what I refer to as the Organizing Principle of Perceptual Agreement. That also applies to the Prime Imperative, but it would have made that essay much too long and complicated.

One bit at a time.
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
I think that when we are away from the news on TV and away from the distractions and hecticness of mankind's world everything flows so much better. Maybe its the Chi but in my calmness, I can connect so much better and pay so much more attention to my intuition which I believe much is put there by Spirit and it is so important to pay attention to the signs and messages they put before us. I believe they become frustrated too when they put them there and we look the other way. I think its the world we live in. In ancient time I think we trusted it much more. Just my 2 cents. Kare
My assumption is that we all share the purpose of gaining understanding about the actual nature of reality. I have characterized that as aligning personal reality (worldview) with the actual nature of reality.

If you define understanding as comprehension of the actual nature of reality, the process which we follow to achieve that is experience leading to a degree of understanding which leads to the ability to refine experience. The process can be defined as mindfulness, but the degree of understanding can be define as lucidity. This, in the same sense as lucid dreaming and the ability to consciously sense deeper into the normally unconscious mind.

Karen, your ability to sense your friends in the etheric is a function of that lucidity. We do not have a good measure of the kind of personality/point of view that is most effective at EVP. However, the ability to sense personal transcommunication is clearly a measure of lucidity.

The idea of perceptual agreement is that a person's worldview tends to filter what is consciously experienced. The effect is that we turn toward the familiar and ignore the rest. If we do consciously experience something, it is from the perspective supported by worldview. This mainly applies to the conceptual aspect, as experiencing seeing a rock requires no stretch of the imagination. However, relating it as a rock from the pioneer trail, and all that implies, might be conceptually difficult to understand.

Where the concept really comes up is in our mental realm. It is not necessary for some god to keep us out of heaven. If we cannot create a concept of it for our perceptual processes, we simply will not be able to associate with it. In effect, the more we understand, the more access we have to the greater reality. Hermes knew this. It is what the ancient wisdom schools teach.

So the bottom line is that I agree with your sense that our friends try to communicate and are frustrated by our inability to listen. Back to lucidity and understanding. 
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC