Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About me..
I'm honored to join. My brother Jeff died in 2014. His nickname is Duffy. Or Fluffy!! I've been communicating with him in many ways.. EVP is one. I don't record now. Maybe someday. He might come through as he talented. Thank you for having me!
Welcome Terrisegal! I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I will definitely listen for his name and nickname in my recordings.
Hi Terri! Duffy is already part of the pack, so I'm sure we will be hearing from him. xx
Welcome to the forum Terri. Kare
Thanks everyone...hopefully I have not replied three times now....hah hah, I can connect with those in spirit but not work a computer. I am honored to be with you....
Hi, my name is Linda. My son Michael passed away January 28th. He was a marine stationed in San Diego. All I know at this time is that they found him unresponsive. Its been 8 weeks and I do not know how my son passed away. I feel like I have received signs from him but I guess I am looking for more confirmation. We never got to say goodbye and I miss him very much. I would very much like to learn how to communicate with him through EVP. I must admit, I dont fully understand what type of recorder I have to purchase and how to set it up and even how to play it back. It all sound so confusing. Even the white noise in the background. And help would be so appreciated. I know hearing from Michael would be such a sense of peace. I am in a really bad place and feeling so sad all the time.
Thank you to all of you. I cant even figure out how to play back the messages and posts that are posted here on this site. I guess I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Thank you
Linda, just checking in now. I will try to bring you up to speed tomorrow. In the meantime, did you read the paper at http://atransc.org/itc-white-paper/

Oh, and any recorder will  work. It is best if there is not very much background noise caused by the recorder itself. The digital recorders are easiest to work with. And don't spend a lot of money on one. 
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
Thank you Tom. I didnt get a chance to read. I will try to read today. I should get my recorder in the next few daysSmile
It is an old article, but take a look at http://atransc.org/selecting-audio-recorder/.

With any recorder, make a recording and then listen to the result. Listen to the background sound in the recording ... not what you recorded. If there is a low volume steady rush of sound, the recorder may not be of much use for EVP. Like audio tape hiss, the sound may interfere with the voice.

Look for either a little sound that has occasional interruptions, clicks and pops. The very old Panasonic RR DR60 was a really bad audio recorder because of all of the noise it produced along with the recorded voice. It appears the clicks and pops were used to begin voice formation that was made out of the noise. A recorder that has the noise without the clicks and pops seems not to have what it needs to begin the transform process. That must be added, but best it is added to a quieter recorder.

So the bottom line is that you do not need a really good recorder, but whatever you use, it should not have very much internal noise. You can produce the necessary background sound with a fan, running water, even normal household sounds. You can use your computer microphone if you want, but you should plan on adding sound.

The microphone is only needed to record your voice and to bring noise for voice formation into the record process. A quality microphone is not necessary. All of our study indicates the voice is formed in the analog stage between the microphone and the digital storage stage. Not in the air.

As a technical note, I am beginning to think that EVP is formed by way of a conceptual expression which influences how we assign objectivity in reality. This will make more sense for people who have read Your Immortal Self.

In the model I use, we are the channel for the expression we assign as physical world. In other words, we make the world. Reality is modeled as conceptual space and the physical aspect of reality is objective because we have been taught to see it that way.

In physical terms, think of energy wells. A concept that is well established has a deeper energy well and is more difficult to change. EVP are able to be formed when the energy well is sufficiently shallow to allow our intention to cause a change.

Steady state noise represents a very deep energy well. Steady state noise with frequent perturbations represent shallow a energy well (less momentum), and is therefore more susceptible to our influence.
Tom Butler
Co-director ATransC
Thank you Tom Smile
(04-06-2017, 05:05 PM)Tom Butler Wrote:  Linda, just checking in now. I will try to bring you up to speed tomorrow. In the meantime, did you read the paper at http://atransc.org/itc-white-paper/

Oh, and any recorder will  work. It is best if there is not very much background noise caused by the recorder itself. The digital recorders are easiest to work with. And don't spend a lot of money on one.